If you are being troubled by someone on Gmail then you can block that person. Blocking a contact prevents the person from talking to you and seeing when you are signed in to Google’s network.
Blocking someone on Gmail chat does not block them from sending you email. You will still be able to send or receive emails.
Blocking someone from within the Chat list does not also block the person in Google+. They will not be able to chat with you but they will still be in your Circles and be able to see your content.
To block or unblock someone on Gmail, follow the below given instructions:
How to Block someone on Gmail Chat
- Type the name of the contact you wish the block into the Search, Chat, or SMS box at the top of the chat list.
- In the box that appears, click Chat to open a chat window with that user.
- In the chat window click More.
- From the drop down menu, select Block.
How to Unblock someone on Gmail Chat
- Type the name of the contact you wish to unblock into the Search field at the top of the chat list.
- Click Chat to open a chat window.
- In the box that appears, click Unblock.